Monday 29 April 2013

Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in 004 Deep Blue

I’m not the biggest fan of gel eyeliners but sometimes it’s the only form of eyeliner that comes in the colour that you want.

I was looking for a navy blue eyeliner a few months back but after browsing in Superdrug for a while I gave up on the idea of finding a navy liquid liner (I don’t like felt tip pen eyeliners; only liquid liners that are applied with a brush or felt-tipped applicator dipped into a pot) and decided to give this navy gel offering from Rimmel a try.

IMG_4636

I have to say, it’s not cheap with at RRP of £6.49 for a tiny 2g pot, but thankfully I do find the quality to be very good and I’m quite happy with my purchase. The packaging is very familiar to me now as it’s the same as the kind used by MUA and Barry M for their gel eyeliners; a small plastic pot with a screw on lid that contains a built in brush. I find this packaging quite practical and almost always use the brushes. I find it so convenient that you don’t have to hunt around for a clean eyeliner brush to apply your liner with – it’s right there in the lid, safely packed away from dust and dirt.

2013-04-281

The liner is quite pigmented and I generally only need one swipe for an opaque line. It lasts all day on me and I have quite oily lids so no complaints there either. The consistency is very thick so it’s very easy to apply.

IMG_4655

I’ve found the navy to be a really versatile colour; perfect for when you want to add intensity but avoid the harshness of black or the warmth of brown. In the pics below you can see the liner paired with a cool silver shadow and a more tropical teal and green look.

2012-12-07

2013-04-28

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I will check out your blog. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete