Saturday 18 June 2011

Accessorize Haul for Summer 2011

Accessorize is my current favourite make-up brand.  I bought loads of items from their collection over the winter of 2010 so imagine my delight when I discovered on a routine trip to Superdrug that they’ve just brought out a whole new range for summer 2011!

In the end it was £33 worth of delight!  Here’s an overview of what I picked up.

IMG_9426IMG_9365

IMG_9372

 The mascara was the first item that caught my eye as it has the cutest packaging ever – a pink background with a patchwork union jack on top with a liberal sprinkling of flowers for good measure.  It’s called “Collagen Mascara” and I bought the shade Ultra Black.  I’ve worn it twice now and both times it’s proven to be a nice every day mascara – adding good, but not overwhelming definition and lasting well all day.  The wand is a quite large typical wire brush with quite densely packed bristles that worked well on my sparse lashes.

IMG_9425
IMG_9335-1         



IMG_9335

I love pretty much everything about the Accessorize eyeshadows – the shades, the pigmentation, the packaging and the price.  This time I picked up a baked trio in 5 - Astonishment (greens) and a baked duo in 15 – Zoria (blue and gold).  All the shades are shimmery and the pigmentation is good to great.  Zoria has in fact become an instant favourite with me!

2011-06-183

2011-06-182
IMG_9406

I don’t usually wear bronzer but the shades of the baked bronzer duo in Bondi 4 looked like they would be light enough for even someone as pale as me to get away with.  The lighter shade is a gorgeous highlighting gold and the darker shade also has veins of very light gold running through it and I think you can actually see the effect in the swatch.

IMG_9395

IMG_9400

Now although I love most of the Accessorize range I think the item that I love the most are their Merged Blushes.  I bought two of the three that came out last autumn/winter so I was super-excited (yes, I am easily excited Smile) to discover that they’re launched a whole new range of shades.  I had to grab shades 7 – Wowzer (what a great name!) which is a bright pink and 8 – Quiver which is a fawny-light pink mix that is best described by the word “cute”.

IMG_9382
IMG_9415
left to right: 8 – Quiver; 7 – Wowzer

Here’s a comparison with the Accessorize blushes I bought last year:

IMG_9383
clockwise from top:
7 – Wowzer; 2 – Starlet; 3 – Pretty Pink; 8 – Quiver

You can see that Wowzer and Starlet are quite similar, but Wowzer has veins of purple running through it and Starlet has veins of gold and I do think the effect is noticeable in the swatches below.

IMG_9423
Left to right:
Quiver, Wowzer, Pretty Pink, Starlet

I love these blushes because they’re so easy to wear and also versatile.  The texture is just right – hard enough that they’re not crumbly, but soft enough that you get enough colour pay off when applying them with soft blusher brushes.  The colours are strong but not too strong so you can build up from something quite sheer to bright pops of colour on your cheeks.  They’re all shimmery so they can also be used high on the cheekbones as a highlight.  Basically – love, love, love!

Here are the prices I paid – but please note that prices may be subject to change and should only be viewed as an approximate guide.

collagen mascara £6.50
eyeshadow trio £6.00
eyeshadow duo £4.50
bronzer duo £6.00
merged blush £5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment