Wednesday 23 November 2011

Accessorize Ultimate Collection

This is a Christmas gift set that’s currently available from Superdrug in the UK.  The price has been fluctuating between £10 and £24 over the past month so you could pick it up for a good price.

I’m already a fan of Accessorize make-up so when I saw this on special offer at £9.99 the other weekend I just had to buy it.  It contains three eyeshadows, a mascara, a blush, a highlighter, a body wash and a body butter, packaged in a fun animal and rose print box.  The packaging of the products themselves is embossed with a lovely golden butterfly print – very cute.

IMG_3518

The eyeshadows have a creamy, silky texture that makes them very smooth to apply.  You get a huge 2.5g of each, and they usually retail at around £4 each.  The blurb on the back of the set suggests creating a look using the silver all over the eye with the black in the outer corner and crease and a dot of purple right in the centre of the eye for a pop of colour.  I quite like the sound of that, although I haven’t had a chance to try that look out for myself yet – but of course I will keep you updated when I do get round to it!

IMG_3633

2011-11-137

IMG_3643

I actually already own this blush which is the shade Scandal, and I wrote a first thoughts post on it here.  It can be bought separately for around £5.  At the moment it’s actually my everyday (and evening!) blush for autumn as it just imparts a wonderful rosy glow that’s very buildable – you can swipe on a light layer for a sheer glow or add more to create a lovely flush, so I’m quite happy to have a spare now – although it comes in such a huge 8g size that I really don’t know if I’ll ever hit pan on my first one!

2011-07-155

The highlighter is also huge and although it’s a product that I use on occassion I don’t know if I will ever be able to finish such a generously sized tube – you get a whopping 50ml and it usually retails around £7 individually.  The consistency is nice and creamy which I prefer to runnier liquid highlighters as I find creams easier to blend to avoid streakiness.

IMG_3665

The mascara is a nice everyday black, although at the moment my favourite is the collagen mascara by Accessorize. Still it’s always nice to be well stocked with mascara! It costs around £5 individually. 

Finally the body wash and body butter have light floral scents and do their jobs well enough.  I’m not sure if these are available individually or not but I think they would retail for around £6 for both.  All in all this set represents great value for the products that you get, if you were going to buy them all separately.  Otherwise it is a slightly odd selection as they are not really basics but rather products that you could create quite a full on glamorous look with.  It’s also odd that it contains a blush and a highlighter but no lip product, for example.  I’m a fan of Accessorize anyway so I’m really happy to have picked this up for a tenner, but I would be slightly wary of buying this as a gift as I’m not sure who it would appeal to most.  So basically I guess what I’m saying is if you like the look of it then it’s definitely worth buying as a gift to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment