Sunday 30 September 2012

Sleek PPQ Shangri-La i-Divine Palettes

I didn’t even know that these two babies existed let alone were scheduled for release last week so you can imagine how I gawked when I stumbled across them on the Sleek make-up stand.

There were also two lipglosses released as part of this collection, but I managed to resist them and just came home with the two eyeshadow palettes.

IMG_2368

Wouldn’t it be fun if the palettes came in the same designs as the boxes? They’re in the typical black palettes I’m afraid, but at least they do have the names printed on the front these days.

OK, onto some more pics and swatches! I have to apologise for the lighting in these swatches which I found quite problematic due to the funny weather, but I thought that these would be better than no swatches at all.

First up is my current favourite of the two, the Respect palette, which is full of warm-toned neutral, orange and pink shades.

IMG_2373From left to right:

Top row – Gladys White, James Brown, Shalamar, Count Basi Beige, Aretha Orange, Otis Red

Bottom row – Roberta Black, Vandellas, Cameo Cream, Motown Mink, O’Jays, New Jack Pink

IMG_2450-001

IMG_2453

Some of the shades didn’t show up very well on my arm but that was because they were close to my natural skin colour, not that they weren’t pigmented. Some of these shadows had a bit of a stubborn texture to swatch, such as James Brown and Roberta Black, but they weren’t a problem to apply with a brush when I wore them on my eyes. If you’re a fan of these shades then I would say this is a good quality palette which is definitely worth picking up for £7. I think the colour scheme of this palette has actually been expertly put together, as it offers so many possibilities of colour combinations that all go together, and also a mixture of bold and neutral shades, contouring and highlighting shades.

Next up is the cool toned Supreme palette, which contains a gorgeous selection of very wearable blues and greens.

IMG_2388

From left to right:

Top row: Blue Suede, R&B, Bronx Black, Grand Master Flash, Wah Wah White

Bottom row: La Belle Blue, Smokey Robinson, Al Green, Delfonic, Commodores Cream, Shangrilas Lemon

IMG_2395

IMG_2399

This is a great palette if you usually wear neutral shades but are looking to experiment with colour, as the shades are soft and buildable. R&B and Bronx Black did stain my skin unfortunately so I’ll probably skip them, but I’m looking forward to wearing the other colours to work this autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment