Saturday 15 September 2012

Some MAC Styleseeker for Autumn 2012

MAC have just released a new autumn collection called Styleseeker that’s full of gorgeous tones reminiscent of sunsets, falling leaves and bonfires. I was really keen to get my hands on a few of the shades as they’re a bit of a departure from the vivid blues, bright purples and jewel tones greens that I’ve been sporting this summer and I don’t really wear browns or reds so I thought it would be fun to branch out.

I picked up two of the eyeshadow duos and one of the blushes.

IMG_2169

Above: Eyeshadow Duo in Marché aux Puces (The name is French for flea market). The individual shade names are Chessa (l) and Indie Spirit (r).

IMG_2168

Above: Eyeshadow duo in On the Hunt (individual shades are Star Myth and Raving Mad).

IMG_2177

Above left to right: Marché aux Puces, On the Hunt

2012-09-152

Above: blush in Supercontinental

I’ve only worn Marché aux Puces and Supercontinental so far and I really like both. Marché aux Puces is a bit dry and takes a bit of work to pack onto the eyelids but I love the colour and am glad to have added it to my collection. Supercontinental is a soft peach that gives a lovely natural flush to the cheeks that doesn’t look powdery at all which is one of the nicest blushes I’ve ever tried.

I do think that On the Hunt is going to take a little bit of effort to make it work for me as for one red eyeshadows can make me look like I have sore eyes if I’m not careful and the texture of these shades is quite dry. I’m looking forward to playing around with this duo in any case.

Keep checking on the blog for some looks created using these products – the first one is coming right up after this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment