Saturday 29 September 2012

New MAC Quad for Autumn 2012

IMG_2222

IMG_2227

I know I have bought about a billion new MAC eyeshadows this month but after stocking up on the items I wanted from their Autumn 2012 Styleseeker collection Debenhams went and ran a 10% off all beauty special offer that was too tempting for me not to take advantage of!

I bought an empty pro-palette quad and four pro-palette refill eyeshadows. The colours in the quad above are clockwise from top-left: Tilt (shimmery blue), Parfait Amour (shimmery violet), Coquette (matt yellow brown), and Trax (shimmery plum) .

I love the colours of Tilt and Parfait Amour, and I bought Trax and Coquette to use as transition/blending colours to use on my crease and the outer corner of my eye.

It took my AGES to choose which shadows I wanted and I actually did a load of screenshots which I pasted side-by-side on Paint to see how the combinations worked! I’m really pleased with the completed quad though and love how this combination of colours turned out in real life. The swatches below are all on bare skin without any primer. These shadows are all pigmented and easy to work with.

IMG_2243

Above right to left: Tilt, Parfait Amour, Trax, Coquette

Here’s the first look that I created out of this palette, which actually only uses three of the colours.

IMG_8042

IMG_8046

I’m wearing Tilt on my eyelid and along my lower lash line, with Coquette in the crease, and blended out with Trax. It’s actually my perfect smokey look – not that I think that this is the only colour combination that would work for me, but just that this combination of colour and shading is just the kind of smokey look that I love. Since I have really dark hair and fair skin already I find very dark eyeshadows difficult to wear, but these colours looks intense without being overpowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment