Sunday 4 November 2012

Autumn Glam Look

I do love the weather in London in the autumn; we’ve finally gotten rid of the sticky muggy humidity of the end of summer and the air has taken on an invigorating crispness that’s not yet too cold.

I’ve called this look “autumn glam” as it involves more than two shades of eyeshadow, which counts as glamourous for me. PLUS I even threw in some eyeliner and some eyeshadow along my lower lash line – which is really counts as going all out for me!

IMG_2919-001

IMG_2921-001

I’m wearing Illamasqua cream blush in betray – it’s quite a scary looking dark berry/rose shade in the pan but it blends out beautifully. I like applying with either a brush or my fingers then blending out the edges with a damp duo fibre stippling brush.

2012-11-032

 

2012-11-031

My eye make-up was mostly by Urban Decay (the shadows were all from my Book of Shadows IV). These colours are so typically autumn though that loads of brands have similar shades available, especially at the moment.

Anyhow this is what I used:

  • a light glittery gold highlight on the inner corners (Midnight Cowgirl)
  • matt vanilla shaded highlight just underneath my brows (Skimp)
  • medium gold across the lid (Baked)
  • a dark blackish green as my smoky colour in my outer corner and along the lower lash line (Cobra)
  • a very thin slick of brown eyeliner (24/7 Waterproof liner in Smog)

The Urban Decay 24/7 liner has definitely grown on me since I first got it; at first I thought they were a bit fiddly to use as they have the thinnest brush of any liquid liner I’ve ever tried but now I actually think they’re one of the easiest liquid liners to apply as the brush is quite short and stiff so you just need to rest it on top of your lashes and use them as a guide to get a perfect line. You can see in the photos above how fine a line you can achieve with them, which is good for me as I have such narrow eyelids – so they’re worth checking out if you like a fine line.

No comments:

Post a Comment