Thursday 21 February 2013

Glitterized for Chinese New Year

Well I am a bit late posting this as the New Year was almost two weeks ago already but Gong Hei Fat Choi for the year of the snake 2013! (linguistic titbit of the day: Gong Hei Fat Choi is Cantonese and a standard greeting for Chinese New Year. You may also see it written as “Gong Xi Fa Cai” which is exactly the same phrase, just in Mandarin. A good translation is “Wishing you a prosperous new year!”)

I met up with some friends near Soho on the day – we weren’t actually going  to China Town, as it gets awfully crowded there, but we managed to get absolutely caught up in the crowds anyway. I guess next year I should just give in and go to China Town on the day!

I did go heavy on the glitter to ring in the occassion though. I used some eyeshadows from Urban Decay as my base colour and a combination of glitters from Claire’s Accessories on top.

#

2013-02-10

The colours did crease as I used a creamy base to help the glitter stick with, but I don’t think it looked bad. I have quite narrow eyelids anyway so I can get away with a lot of creasing on my lids before it actually becomes noticeable from any distance.

I love glitter and although I know it is viewed by many as a very teenage form of make-up, I like to think I’ll be rocking glittery looks for at least the next thirty years too!

No comments:

Post a Comment