Sunday 3 March 2013

Jerome Alexander Stackables

I picked this set up in TKMaxx a few months ago on a whim but since then it’s actually become one of my go-to products that I use pretty much every day. I got mine for £9.99 and I think you can still pick it up for around this price from various sellers online.

The packaging is quite nice – it’s s sleek, gold stack that contains three compartments that slot together, with a mirror in the lid. You can take the compartments apart so for example if you just wanted to pop the powder in your bag you could simply take the top compartment with the lid and it would be a complete compact.

IMG_3011

There are different versions of the stacking kit available. The one that I got contains a powder mineral foundation dotted with various shades of “colour correctors”, a highlighting and bronzer duo, and an eyeshadow quad in very warm shades of red, bronze and gold.

IMG_3012

IMG_3016

IMG_3015

IMG_3026

As you can see from the swatch above, the pigmentation in the eyeshadows is very good.

My kit also contained a set of brushes: powder, blusher and eyeshadow which aren’t pictured here. They are acutally quite good quality (which is quite unusual for brushed included in a kit) and I use them all on a regular basis. The powder brush is good for light coverage, but when I want heavier coverage I use a flat-topped foundation brush (mine is by ecotools, pictured below).

My winter morning skin routine has basically been to use a light coverage bb cream followed by the powder foundation on my t-zone. The powder is very buildable and I usually go for medium to full coverage, although I’ll be switching to the powder brush from the set and easing up on the amount I use in the spring as we get more daylight.

IMG_3020

Below: Superdrug BB cream followed by Jerome Alexander mineral foundation

IMG_3023

The powder has lasted really well and I’ve only just hit pan after having used it every  day for about three months. I would definitely consider repurchasing it – I’ve seen larger versions of the foundation alone available from Boots for £19.99, or there are various other products from the range available online.

No comments:

Post a Comment