Sunday 3 March 2013

New Brand Alert – Introducing B.

This brand arrived at Superdrug a couple of months ago and to be honest I haven’t heard much about it on the blogosphere but I’ve tried several of their products now and I have to say, I think they’re all excellent.

I think my attention was first caught because it has the Leaping Bunny symbol stamped all over it, which is always a turn on for me. I’ve got a couple of their eyeshadow quads which I’ll show in another post, and several lipsticks and cream eyeshadows which I’ve got some swatches of today.

IMG_3632

IMG_3644

IMG_3659

(My swatches are duller than the true colours due to my bad lighting, sorry! These lipsticks are much more vibrant in real life.)

The lipsticks retail at £7.99 which is quite expensive for a lipstick from Superdrug I think, but for that the quality is excellent. Orchid is my everyday lippie for work, and Bellini looks gorgeous paired with gold or warm-toned eyeshadows. Pizzazz is very bright and punchy and just the kind of colour I love for summer parties.

IMG_3650

IMG_3662

Above: Vibrant Eye Shimmer in Royal, Copper and Poseidon, RRP £6.99

These cream eyeshadows are smooth, vibrant and very long lasting – they last all day long on me (I usually apply my make-up just before 8am and remove it around 7pm) and can be worn either alone or as an eyeshadow base. I’m a fan of cream eyeshadows anyway as I like the texture and metallic finish you can achieve with them but if they’re long lasting too then it’s an added bonus. There are 8 shades in the range at the moment and I’m sure I’ll be picking most of them up over the coming months as the make an excellent cruelty-free alternative to some of the better known long-lasting cream eyeshadows on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment