Sunday 24 March 2013

The First of My Germany 2012 Posts

Well, it’s only taken me 3 months to sit down and write this first one, but now that I’ve started hopefully I will get round to posting the rest within a slightly shorter time period!

I visited Hamburg for a weekend Christmas shopping break in December and took the opportunity to pick up a whole stack of cosmetics while I was there. It sounds awfully decadent when I write about visiting like that but short trips to the European Christmas markets are quite a popular kind of holiday!

Whenever I’m in Germany (every other year or so) I love to buy cosmetics that aren’t available in the UK. First up I have a shot of a nail varnish that I bought from a drugstore, I can’t remember the name of the shop (I think it was Budni) but the brand is called Blackbird and all their colours cost €2.49 for 8ml. I was actually umming and ahhing as to whether or not I should buy any more nail varnish as I had bought so much recently but for the price I eventually decided that even if the quality wasn’t great it wouldn’t put too make too much of a dent in my holiday budget so I bought two colours. Today I have a shot of me wearing No. 6 Free As a Bird, a brilliant azure blue.

The consistency is perfect – not too runny and not too thick, quick drying and opaque in two coats. With a top coat I get about four days wear which for the price is a pretty good show.

IMG_8392

No comments:

Post a Comment