Tuesday 26 March 2013

Superdrug BB Cream–5 Min Review

This is a product that I picked up a few months ago and have been using pretty consistently since, and now that I’ve almost used it all up I thought I would write a really quick five minute post. It’s a budget BB cream so it’s probably a product that people are keen to try – but only if it’s any good of course.

IMG_4189

This is marketed as a 5-in-1 skin perfecting day cream. The RRP is £8.99 for 50ml although it’s often of special offer and I picked mine up for a couple of quid less than the RRP. It comes in the shades Light and Medium, and it claims to:

  1. Even the complexion by providing light coverage
  2. Moisturise
  3. Contain skin-protecting anti-oxidants
  4. Contain SPF 15
  5. Contain UVA & UVB filters (thereby helping prevent premature aging caused by sun damage)

It’s also paraben free, cruelty free and suitable for vegans if those features rock your boat (personally I’m not so bothered by parabens but I love cruelty free and vegan products).

Here are a couple of pics of me wearing the BB cream. I have the shade Fair which I have to say does come out of the tube looking awfully orange and it does warm my skin up a shade or two, but since the product is very sheer it blends out OK on me.

2013-03-101

The flash picks up on the slightly orange tone but I think it looks fine really.

The consistency is very creamy and the product is a good moisturiser but unfortunately it’s a bit too oily for my skin. While that does lend a certain radiance to the skin, if I don’t wear powder on top then it slides off my face by lunchtime.

This product is a solid three-out-of-five product for me; there are definitely plus points but the limited shade range is a major drawback and I wouldn’t recommend it for oily skin. I might consider repurchasing this for travelling with though as it’s convenient to have a moisturiser that also offers sun protection and some coverage – saves having to pack a separate moisturiser and foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment