Wednesday 18 September 2013

Blue Gold–An MUA Face of the Day

Sometimes it’s good to keep things simple by just using one shade of eyeshadow. In this look I’m wearing Pearl - Shade 26 by MUA, a beautiful blue-gold duochrome shadow that costs just £1 – amazing!

I simply applied a wash of colour over my lids, blended at the edges, and smudged some along my lower lash line. The weather may be saying that autumn has already arrived, but my eyeshadow’s saying it’s still summer! Because the shadow is a duochrome, it shines both blue and gold, giving a lovely complex colour effect when the light hits it.

IMG_5470

IMG_5482

I’m wearing mostly MUA cosmetics in this look as pictured below:

IMG_5487

clockwise from top: Intense Kisses lipgloss in Sealed with a Kiss; Mega Volume Mascara in Brown; Mosaic Bronzer Shade 2 Sunkissed Glow; Pearl Eyeshadow Shade 26.

I love the Intense Kisses range of lipglosses. They cost £2 each, offer great pigmentation, and have a smooth consistency that means they apply evenly and feel smooth to wear. Here’s a close-up of this shade on my lips:

IMG_5484

I find the Mega Volume mascara to be OK but nothing special and it doesn’t really offer me “mega volume” when I wear it. However, it does the job of coating my lashes lightly enough to make it suitable for an everyday, light mascara when I don’t want my lashes to be too eye-catching.

The Mosaic Bronzer is one of my current favourite make-up products full stop and I’ve been using it almost everyday since I discovered it last month. When the colours are all swirled together they create a light red-brown that adds the perfect suntanned glow to my skin. It’s the perfect way to compliment my freckles and make summer skin last into the autumn. It’s the kind of shade I’d wear from the spring through to the autumn, switching to a lighter, more golden shade in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment