Saturday 15 October 2011

Seashell Grey

This is the second look that I created from my Autumn 2011 Colour Chart.  It’s another super-quick, 2-shade, 10 minute look that I’ve actually been wearing to work most days this past week.  I think the cool silver grey shades go well with my colouring so I’d definitely recommend this look for any other cool-toned gals out there.

The Look

Contrasting textures of eyeshadow create the effect of moss growing on rocks, reminiscent of arctic tundras.

IMG_2957IMG_2971

IMG_2967

The Products

I used a shiny grey merged eyeshadow by Accessorize and a satin finish grey by MAC.  I used just one brush for the whole eye look, first sweeping the shiny grey over my lids then adding the greeny grey into the crease for added dimension.  I then wiped the excess shadow off the brush and blended the shadow from the crease to the brow to create a huge, round shape.  The Accessorize shadow was so shimmery that it acted as a highligher as well when it was blended above the crease.

2011-10-160

Working with these shades of eyeshadow made me think of rocks and earth, so I went for an earthy feeling bronzer on my cheeks instead of a pink or rosy blush.  I used a light bronzing duo by Accessorize, pictured below.  In case you haven’t guessed, I love Accessorize cosmetics!

2011-10-161

After taking the first photos I was listening to David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust album and felt inspired to dust some of the silvery Accessorize eyeshadow over my lips – just a smidgeon over my cupid’s bow and the centre of my bottom lip.  I was quite impressed by the amazing dimension it created – could this be the perfect non-sticky solution to lipgloss?

IMG_3097

No comments:

Post a Comment