Saturday 22 October 2011

Aubergine Eyeliner + Pumpkin Eyeshadow

This is another look for the weekend which was inspired by my Autumn 2011 colour chart.

The Look

Contrasting textures and colours create a daytime look that’s anything but dull.

2011-10-22

The Products

My favourite priming product at the moment is the Sleek Primer palette.  The primers might not make my eyeshadows last quite as long as some others, but they’re smooth and creamy to apply which means they don’t tug at or dry out my skin at all – which is just as well as my skin has quite enough to cope with at the moment what with the changing seasons.  Today I used the peachy coloured one all over my lids to match the general colour theme that I was going for.

I then blended a bright matte orange on the outer corners of my lids and just above the crease, before adding a glittery nude to the inner half of my eyelids.  I used my Blingtone eyeshadow in Morococo which is fantastic because it’s super shiny and glittery but doesn’t cause any fall out.  The contrast of the matte and shiny textures adds a lovely dimension to the make-up, but it’s a shine that will last all day because it’s a powder eyeshadow, not a gloss.

IMG_3187

I then carefully drew a huge triangular wing using an aubergine coloured liquid eyeliner.  I very rarely line the inner 1/3 of my eyes as they are quite small and I don’t want them to be swallowed up entirely by eyeliner.  Liquid eyeliner is not the easiest product to work with but I used a Gosh Extreme Art Eyeliner which has quite a thick and gloopy texture which actually makes it a lot more forgiving to work with than eyeliners with thinner consistencies.  I love the way this kind of line changes the shape of the eyes and it’s one of my favourite ways to wear eyeliner.

Finally, I finished up with lots of mascara, an orange blush and a stain of brick red lip colour.

IMG_3182

No comments:

Post a Comment