Friday 19 August 2011

MyFace Cosmetics Blingtone Eyeshadow in Morococo

I haven’t posted for a while as I was away on holiday in Scotland for a few days, but now I’m back and have loads of catching up to do as I’ve been naughty and spent lots of money on lots of exciting new products – oh well, good news for my blog anyway I guess!

I’m going to start with a quick post to introduce the latest eyeshadow to join my collection, Morococo by MyFace Cosmetics.  Myface Cosmetics is a brand that I’ve heard of before but never really bothered to look at in any great detail in the shops.  The core collection has always looked a bit bland to me to be honest and their super sparkly “Blingtone” collection, while being exactly the kind of make-up that I am drawn to (namely super sparkly and colourful) has always seemed just a little expensive.  Anyway this week I went to Boots to check out some Pixi blushes but as the one I’m interested in was £16.50 I felt that was a bit expensive, so I ended up buying a Blingtone eyeshadow for £7.99 instead – when in all honesty I really didn’t need yet another sparkly eyeshadow at all and I should just have bought the Pixi blush that I went in to look at in the first place!

Anyway, enough of my shopping follies, let’s focus on the make-up since I bought it after all.  Usually a single Blingtone eyeshadow retails at £9.99 but Boots were doing a special offer and they were selling for £7.99 when I bought mine.  I’ve since discovered that the MyFaceCosmetics website is also currently running a 20% off plus free shipping special offer which means it works out at the same price if purchased there at the moment (not sure how long this offer is going to run for).  I’m not sure about the weight of the product but I would guess around 1.5g.  Anyway it’s not the cheapest and not the most expensive.

Blingtone products promise “dramatic, wet-looking shine”, and they certainly look the part in the pan – here’s mine glittering away in the sunlight.

2011-08-193

IMG_1243

The colour looks darker in the pan than when applied on skin, and while the name makes me think of baked earth and chocolate (as it sounds like a cross between Morocco and Cocoa) it’s actually a lovely pale, glittery nude which I think would work equally well as a brightening daytime shade as a dramatic evening shade.  The glitter translates well onto the skin, which you can see from the swatch on my arm below.

IMG_1240

I have to admit that having worn this shadow all day today I’m kind of falling in love with it a bit.  It’s a perfect glittery nude shade and the quality is very good; not only have I been wearing it today over a creamy primer for a good six hours so far with only minimal creasing, I think it might well be the shiniest, most glittery shadow I’ve ever used – and there wasn’t fall out all over my face when I applied it which is a problem I’ve had with other glittery shadows.  So that you can fully appreciate the beauty of this shadow I’ve also posted a step-by-step tutorial for the look I’m wearing today where you can see how the shadow looks on my eyes.  Basically I think it’s safe to say that this is one not to be missed by glitter fans…and I might just find myself walking past that Pixi blush yet again in order to pick up a few more shades next time I’m in Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment