Friday 9 December 2011

Forgotten Sunset

Last month when I was thinking about what make-up colours I would like to wear during the autumn I totally forgot about my Sleek Sunset palette, which actually contains nearly all the colours I’ve been wearing over the past couple of months – oops!  Just goes to show how easy it can be to overlook items that you already have in your collection when you have a ridiculous amount of make-up I guess!

2011-12-092

This palette is part of Sleek’s permanent collection so it’s still available online and from Superdrug stores in the UK.  I think these palettes currently cost around £7.  The colours are all shimmery, except for the matte black which is really quite pigmented and intense, but I hardly hardly ever use black eyeshadow anyway so I have to admit that that’s actually the shade that I’m least interested in.  Most of the other colours have good colour payoff, there were just a couple of shades that took a couple of swipes instead of just one to make the swatches above.  The yellow gold was strangely weak and also the bronze third from the right in the bottom row, but the rest of the colours are really lovely in terms of both finish and colour payoff.

I had a play around with the red on the top row and the bright blue.  I patted these colours on top of a creamy base and the colour payoff was just fantastic.

2011-12-093

2011-12-094

I also filled my eyebrows in with the eyeshadow just for fun.  They are such bright colours I think they look fantastic as a block colour all over the lid, teamed with plenty of black eyeliner and mascara to frame the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment