Sunday 29 July 2012

Pastel Tipped Nails

2012-07-29

So after the first week of sunshine here since summer officially began I painted my nails a bright peachy colour (Peach Melba by BarryM) which looked very summery in the bottle but unfortunately clashed a bit with my pale skin once it was on my nails. It’s also a bit of a difficult consistency to work with and while I did manage to get even, opaque coverage in two coats I really had to be careful when applying the colour.

I decided to add some lilac tips which would clash even more with the peach than my skin which seemed to work and make the manicure much more wearable for me.  The lilac I used was the shade Wink from Illamasqua which turned out to be a good choice as the thick consistency made it much more forgiving than a runnier polish for painting the tips.

I find it very, very difficult to paint tips like this but I’ve tried a few manicures like this lately as I think the end result looks cute so hopefully I’ll get better with practise. I don’t use stencils/templates but just paint the base colour, wait for it to dry then paint the tips freehand.  My technique is to take most of the varnish off the brush on the side of the bottle, lay it on my nail tip, then try to hold the brush still while I rotate the nail to paint the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment