Sunday 29 July 2012

Sleek Glory and Honour

I have so many Sleek palettes and blushes already that I wasn’t going to buy anything from their current summer collection but I’ve caught Olympics fever this week so I picked up two of their limited edition Olympics collection pieces this weekend, the eyeshadow palette in Glory and blush in Honour.  There’s also a bronze tinted lip balm in the collection but I don’t like the taste of the Sleek Pout Polish so I gave that a miss.

I quite like the outer cardboard packaging design – it’s good fun.

IMG_0992

IMG_0994

IMG_1016

The eyeshadow palette Glory is inspired by the London Underground network with the colours (which include a gold, silver and bronze) named after and representing various tube lines. As ever there is a thin plastic film overlay with the colours of the shades.

IMG_0995

Top Row – L to R Bottom Row – L to R
Tube – v. light gold District – metallic green
Overground – white gold Hammersmith and City – metallic pink
Bakerloo – bronze Picadilly – royal blue shimmer
Jubilee –  silver Circus – yellow shimmer
Platform – matte grey Victoria – ocean blue shimmer
Northern – metallic black Central – matte red

IMG_1006

IMG_1007

IMG_1009

IMG_1010

The two blues swatch amazingly and Picadilly in particular is almost duo-chrome.  The textures of all the shadows was lovely and smooth to apply. Oh, and as an aside, the colours on the bottom row in particular are quite accurate to the colours of their corresponding underground lines! I’m looking forward to getting stuck into this palette and creating some bright, shimmery looks over the next few weeks.

I was umm-ing and ah-ing over whether to buy the blush in Honour or not.  It’s a shimmery bronze that’s quite dark for my skin, but because the colour is lovely and so pigmented I thought I would be able to use it as a bronze eyeshadow if not as a blush and decided to go ahead and get it.

IMG_1017

IMG_1022

IMG_7729

Check out the brilliant pigmentation in the swatch above!  Amazing.

Bought in Superdrug: Sleek Glory palette - £6.99, Sleek Honour blush - £4.29

No comments:

Post a Comment