Sunday 12 August 2012

Limeade

So far this month this fizzy green eyeshadow has been my favourite colour – it seems to strike the perfect balance when it’s too hot and light for deep colours but not quite hot enough to go totally tropical with my make-up colour palette.  At weekends I like to pair it with bright pink – here I’m wearing pink on my cheeks and lips.

IMG_7740

IMG_7743

The green that I used is from the Sleek Monaco palette, which was a limited edition release (part of the Mediterranean collection) last May.  I didn’t actually use it that much last year and just started re-discovering it this spring. It has some great colours in it and I’ve been getting good use out of it over the past few weeks. The green is light, bright and shimmery and I think it looks great as a block colour across the lids paired with a generous flick of black eyeliner. It lasts all day on me on top of a primer.

2012-08-113

The eyeliner that I used was “Flirty Flick” by Look Beauty, a brand that I’d never actually tried before.  I bought one of their trio eyeshadows in Superdrug this week as there was a special offer to get an eyeliner free.  The normal price is £5.

The liner has a nice formula that’s really long lasting, but I wouldn’t recommend it for beginners as the applicator is a very stiff felt tip that’s quite difficult to control.

2012-08-112

On my cheeks I’m wearing my favourite blush of the moment, a mineralize skin finish by MAC from their summer 2012 “Heavenly Creature” collection in the shade Star Wonder.  I was umming and ahhing over whether to get anything from the collection as basically MAC is pretty expensive, but eventually I bought this in Duty Free when I went on holiday a couple of weeks back as it was a good few quid cheaper there.

The pattern is kindof weird but cool – outer space inspired swirls of raspberry, light pink and gold.  I think this would suit a wide range of warm-toned complexions as I’m pretty pale but I’ve also used this on friends with medium skin tones and it looked great on them too. I sweep it across my cheekbones with a duo-fibre stippling brush for a light pink shine, but the colour is very buildable for more intensity.

2012-08-11

IMG_7751

Finally on my lips I’m wearing a product from Revlon’s Just Bitten range, the duo-ended lipstain pen + balm in the colour Passion.

2012-08-111

You’re supposed to colour your lips in with the pen then apply the balm on top to moisturise and add shine.  The colour is very long lasting, but I’m not a big fan of this product. It’s actually quite difficult to get an even colour and I don’t like the fact that you have to add a lipbalm on top to get any moisture. You can see the finish a bit more clearly in the swatch on my arm below than on my lips.

IMG_7761

IMG_7771

There are loads of pen-style lipstains on the market from various brands at the moment but I can’t see myself buying any more any time soon.  I did pick up a completely different type of lip product this weekend though to show soon that I am excited by – watch this space, pics + descriptions will be coming to Chilled Pink Grapefruit very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment