Saturday 25 August 2012

Quick–Half-Price No. 7!

Could Boots No. 7 be preparing for a re-branding? They’re currently running a half-price on all make-up special offer.  I’m not sure how long it’s going to last though so if you’re passing by a Boots this bank holiday weekend and you’re a fan of the brand then it’s probably worth checking out, as their offers are usually 3-for-2 which involves buying at least two products in order to make a saving.

I decided to take advantage of the offer to grab some pretty lip colours. I bought a Stay Perfect lipstick, a Liplicious glossy balm, and a long lasting Stay Perfect Lip Lacquer lip colour and gloss duo.

Stay Perfect lipstick in 55 Glace

IMG_1768

This is a long-lasting lipstick with a dreamy creamy consistency (my favourite kind). I haven’t found it to be drying on my lips at all and in fact find it very comfortable to wear. This lasts a good four to six hours on me, depending on how much I eat and drink.

Liplicious Moisturising Balm SPF 15 in Purple Liquorice

IMG_1784

I actually quite like this packaging – a squeezy plastic tube with a hard applicator.  The main reason I like it is because you get a massive 12ml of product because there’s no space taken up by an internal brush/doe foot applicator.

IMG_1795

The colour looks very deep and intense in the packaging but in fact it’s a clear gloss with shiny purple and gold particles shot through. The coverage is very sheer and it adds a gentle, unobtrusive shine on the lips.  The consistency is smooth and moisturising so another hit with me, although not quite as long lasting as a lip gloss.

Stay Perfect Lip Lacquer in 30 Sugar Mauve

2012_08_25

The No. 7 lipstain/lipgloss duos are my favourites of this type of product that I’ve tried and this is in fact my third one.  The lipstain does not budge once it’s on until you decide you want to remove it with make-up remover but it’s also surprisingly comfortable to wear. Again I don’t find it to be drying unlike some other long lasting lip products I’ve tried.  The gloss can also be worn alone and is a top-quality sticky lipgloss (I prefer sticky lipglosses as I find them longer lasting than smooth, light glosses) and comes with an excellent brush applicator.

I must be into my mauves at the moment as you can see from the swatches below that the lipstick and lipstain are very similar shades.  That’s fine though as I’m sure I’ll get plenty of use out of all of these.

IMG_1709

Above left – right: Stay Perfect lipstick in 55 Glace; Liplicious Moisturising Balm SPF 15 in Purple Liquorice; Stay Perfect Lip Lacquer in 30 Sugar Mauve

No comments:

Post a Comment