Sunday 13 March 2011

A Tale of Two Handbags

I actually managed to drag myself out of bed early enough to get to the Primrose Hill Vintage Fashion Fair being held at Cecil Sharp House for its opening at 11am today, and I'm glad I did because I got something for the first time ever at a Vintage Fair. I've actually been to a few and while I usually don't buy stuff but I do like having a nosy around and I go with friends so somebody usually does manage to pick some nice things up. They also often have tea rooms attached so they're as much a social event as a shopping occassion for me.

I'm not a huge fan of vintage stuff as I often feel that it's overpriced for what it is, but then sometimes you do spot lovely items that you would never get in a high-street store, and it is also nice knowing that you're re-using something old and not consuming something new which makes buying vintage feel slightly more ethical than buying new.

I spotted this red handbag because it's a lovely bright colour and quite an unusual box-y shape. I think it's leather and it looks very well made. I paid £25.


















You can see from the last pic that it's quite a generous size as those are my "handbag essentials" sitting at the very bottom of the bag, leaving plenty of room for any other junk I fancy chucking into my bag as well on any given day!

Since I'm writing a post about a handbag I thought I might as well take this opportunity to show another one of my bags which I got as a Christmas present. It's from Topshop so it was bought new, not vintage, but I love how it looks like it's stepped straight out of the '80s with its faux snake-skin detailing and over-sized metal clasp. I also really like the rectangular shape, and the strap is detachable so you can wear it over the shoulder or carry it as a clutch. You can see from the pics that it's not a large bag, so it's also perfect for a night out when I'm trying to reduce my bulk.

No comments:

Post a Comment