Wednesday 25 May 2011

Bourjois Volume Fast & Perfect Mascara

Phew, what an exhausting week I’m having at work!  I decided to perk myself up today on my way home from the office with a spot of impulsive make-up shopping and I grabbed a couple of things from Boots, but I just want to show you one of them just now as the daylight was rapidly fading by the time I got home so I didn’t have a chance to take any nice photos.

Bourjois have released a new novelty mascara called Volume Fast & Perfect Mascara that features a motorised wand.  You may have heard of motorised mascara wands before but as opposed to some others which vibrate from side to side, this brush actually rotates (in two directions, so that you can coat both top and bottom lashes, and it doesn’t matter if you’re left or right handed).

IMG_8779  IMG_8782

The blurb promises a false lash effect in just 30s.  Let’s see what the photographic evidence has to say for itself. 

First up, a couple of shots from a previous date of my lashes without mascara.  As you can see I have pretty short and wispy lashes:

IMG_6989

IMG_7039

And now for my pics from tonight after a spot of rotating mascara action:

IMG_8794

IMG_8795

IMG_8803-1

Hmmm….not bad at all really!  I’m actually quite impressed to be honest, and I have to admit that this product is a lot of fun.  I showed it to my boyf and even he thought that the rotating mascara wand was pretty cool!

The only thing I would say against this product is that I find Bourjois mascaras quite a pain to remove.  They must use some kind of ingredient in all their mascaras that Rimmel (my usual favourite for mascaras) don't because they go all bit-ty when I take them off and I often end up with panda eyes the following morning even when I've tried my best to take them off the night before - pretty annoying.

Bourjois Volume Fast & Perfect Mascara retails for around £12 in the UK but at the moment (please see above for the publication date of this post) you can pick it up at an introductory price of around £8 from Boots and Superdrug in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment