Sunday 8 May 2011

New Discovery: Organic Cosmetics in Covent Garden

I have rather exciting news for you today as I just discovered a lovely new beauty brand that I would like to introduce you to in this post!

I met a friend for a coffee in Covent Garden today and afterwards as we wandered about we came across the Melvita shop in St. Martin’s Court, just behind St. Martin’s Lane.  It’s a brand that neither of us had heard of before but one of the shop assistants offered us some fresh honey, ginger and lemon tea when we walked in and explained that they were a French organic beauty brand that had been established by a biologist and bee-keeper, so not only do many of their products feature honey, you can even buy various varieties of honey in their shop along with beauty products, which I thought was quite a quirky touch for a beauty brand!  The Covent Garden shop was their first UK store and they are in the process of opening a new store in Putney.

They make products for face, body and hair, with various ranges for dry skin, anti-ageing, oily and blemish prone skin etc. The shop itself is laid out in a brightly lit, open and accessible format.  There are plenty of testers and the staff are happy to let you browse whilst being on hand to answer any questions so I would definitely recommend a visit to this store if you are interested in organic and/or cruelty free beauty products.

My friend and I each picked one oil from their beauty oils range, which comprises 24 different oils with various properties that can be used on the face, body or hair.  My friend went for their rosehip seed oil which has rejuvenating properties while I decided to try their Nigella oil which is said to be purifying and is suitable for oily and blemish prone skin.  To use the oils you simply pump a small amount into the palm of your hand, gently rub your hands together to distribute the oil into a thin layer across your hands, and massage into your skin or hair to facilitate the absorption of the oil.  I tried it out today when I got home, but I guess it will take a while for me to see I can notice any discernable difference in my skin, but if I do I will definitely keep you posted!

IMG_8368

Here’s the blurb from the box:

IMG_8373

No comments:

Post a Comment