Saturday 2 July 2011

Sleek Oh So Special Swatches

When I was in Superdrug this week I saw that there were two new eyeshadow palettes on the Sleek stand, Au Naturel and Oh So Special.  Au Naturel is a palette full of browns, which aren’t really my style so I gave it a miss, but I picked up Oh So Special (I paid £6.49) which contains a selection of peaches, browns and plums that make an interesting mix for everyday make-up looks so I just wanted to post a quick introduction to the palette today.

IMG_9635

The palette comes with a plastic film overlay with the names of the shadows printed on it, but I tend to just chuck them away as I find they get in my way and don’t offer any protection for the shadows anyway.  Anyhow here are the names for reference:

From left to right:

top row bottom row  
bow matte pamper matte
organza metallic gateau metallic
ribbon matte the mail matte
gift basket metallic boxed matte
glitz metallic wrapped up matte
celebrate metallic noir matte
       

As you can see there are a mix of matte and metallic finishes.  Here are the swatches on my arm – as ever I think pretty much all of the colours are very well pigmented and appear on the skin true to the colour in the pan.  Bow (top left) is very light and makes a good option for a highlight on the brow bone.

IMG_9652

The colours are similar to many others from Sleek palettes that I already own, and I would say that it’s most similar to the Paraguaya palette from the recent Avoir la Peche collection.  However, I think that all of these colours are so useable that I’m quite happy to have them all in one palette for easy access.

No comments:

Post a Comment