Sunday 3 April 2011

No. 7 Spring 2011 Eye Look

As well as the turquoise gel eyeliner which I wrote about here, I also picked up the eyeshadow palette from the recent limited edition range from No. 7 for Spring 2011.

I really like this palette – the packaging is cute with a large, usable mirror in the lid, and the eyeshadows are smooth, pigmented and easy to apply.

IMG_7299IMG_7318

The range was inspired by ‘50s St. Tropez and the palette contains an interesting mix of colours which make me think of fun and sunshine: aqua blue, emerald green, baby pink and nude gold.  My favourite so far has been the blue which I like to wear on its own as a wash of colour across my entire lid for a simple, playful everyday look.  The colours go on sheer so you can start with a light touch and build colour up.  The gold is very similar to my actual skin tone but it works nicely as a neutral contrast to the other colours.

I wore a look from this palette teamed with the turquoise cream eyeliner and loads of pink blush for a dinner event on Saturday night.  I think it captured the spring feeling that’s been in the air this week very nicely.

IMG_7224IMG_7229IMG_7230

Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion as a base over the entire lid; gold across lid up to brow; aqua blue blended into and just above the crease; emerald green blended close to the lash line; turquoise cream liner under lower lash line; black mascara on top lashes.

I used Accessorize merged blush in pretty pink applied on my cheeks with a damp sponge to get a really light and shiny finish on my skin.

I like wearing colourful eyeliner on the lower rather than upper lash line sometimes because it’s a bit unexpected and creates quite a different eye shape.  Sometimes I get really heavy-handed with my eyeliner for a really ‘80s feel…but that’s a look for a different blog post I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment