Saturday 3 September 2011

August Bank Holiday Shopping

What’s a girl to do when a bank holiday weekend creeps up at the end of August and gifts her with an extra day off work?  Erm, spot of shopping anyone??  Here’s are some of the goodies that I picked up last weekend and this week.

2011-09-032

New pot plant from Tesco, £2.50.  That makes my sixth pot plant in two months…it’s becoming a bit of an addiction!  I just love their pretty colours though.  This one’s a begonia.

2011-09-031

(The swatches below were both done with shadow used dry, there are two just to show how the colour looks applied heavily compared with blended out.)

IMG_1819

Blingtone eyeshadow in Raspberry Beret by Myface Cosmetics, £7.99 (usually £9.99) from Boots. 

I was so impressed by the first Blingtone eyeshadow that I bought in Morococo that I picked up another one the next time I passed a Myface stand in Boots.  I’ve only owned this for a week and am absolutely in love with it already.  The consistency is very smooth so it takes about three minutes to whack some on and blend out with the same domed eyeshadow blending brush, then I’m good to go with a fresh daytime look (pictured a little further below).  The colour is…well, I think the name says it all.  It’s a gorgeous flattering shimmery pink and even though it’s packed full of glitter it actually stays on my eyes and doesn’t fall all over my face unlike other glitter eyeshadows I’ve tried.  On me it lasts all day over Urban Decay primer potion and I’ve only experienced minimal creasing by the end of the day even when I’ve just worn it alone.

2011-09-033

Pixi Lumi Lux Radiance Powder, £16.50 from Boots

I’d lusted over this from a distance for a while (it’s just soooo pretty, right?) but I’d been put off by the price tag until I finally just cracked and had to buy it.  I thought it would be more of a blusher but actually the pigmentation is very subtle so I like to swirl a fluffy blusher brush all over the product and dust it over my cheekbones, temples and the bridge of my nose.  It’s really easy to apply because you don’t have to worry about blending any harsh lines as the effect is rather subtle.  In fact the first time I wore it I did think, “Is that it?!” but actually I do think it does what it says on the tin and adds radiance to the whole face – photographic evidence below.

2011-09-4

Me wearing Raspberry Beret eyeshadow and Lumi Lux Radiance Powder and nothing else on my skin (I am wearing lipgloss though but haven’t included that in this post).  I think that I do look more shiny and happy than my bare-faced self.  I took these photos after I’d been out for five hours today and it was quite warm, so you can see that both products seem to have quite admirable staying power.

I bought another eyeshadow that I haven’t tried out yet but I can still show you the pretty colours.

2011-09-037

Natural Collection Duo Eyeshadow in Vanilla/Plum, £1.99 from Boots.

Yes folks, you read that right, only £1.99 for a duo eyeshadow weighing 5g – what a bargain!  Well, I am yet to wear it so maybe I should reserve judgement on just how much of a bargain it is just yet ha.  Anyhow first indications with my swatches were all promising; nice smooth consistency with good colour payoff.  I think the shades are a great combination too and although they’re called vanilla and plum the yellow made me think of bananas which is why I just had to buy it!

I also bought a new Bourjois mascara completely on impulse as there  was a special offer.  I got this rather weird and wonderful looking contraption:

2011-09-039

Volumizer mascara, Bourjois, £5.99 from Boots (special offer).

It’s a mascara with two lids so basically you can use step 1, which pulls the brush through two stoppers and clears off most of the mascara for a light and natural daytime look, or you can use step 1 then follow that up with step 2 which only pulls the wand through one stopper which leaves a lot of mascara on the wand which you can use to create a huge, voluminous night time lash look with.  To be honest it’s a bit difficult to describe and my pictures really don’t do it justice, but I quite like this mascara so far and when I’ve used steps 1 and 2 (I have such sparse lashes that I would really never bother to go for a mascara that was just promising a “daytime” look though) I have been left with quite noticeably pumped up lashes.  My only complaint is that I find Bourjois mascaras quite difficult to remove so it doesn’t quite beat my current favourite Collagen Mascara by Accessorize.

The last pics I have to show today are of my latest Blingtone eyeshadow which I picked up today.  This shade is Black Ice and it’s the perfect eyeshadow for creating a smokey eye with.  Check out my post here if you don’t believe me or would like to see further photographic evidence to back up that claim!

2011-09-036

(The swatches below were both done with shadow used dry, there are two just to show how the colour looks applied heavily compared with blended out.)

IMG_1862

No comments:

Post a Comment